WHO WE ARE
Yolo Food Bank was established in 1970 as a backyard gleaning program organized and run by volunteers. It is now a Feeding America affiliate and the only food bank in Yolo County. It collaborates with a network of 80+ partner agencies to meet the food and nutrition needs of the county.
As a key fund development role within the organization, the Development Officer will create and implement engagement strategies to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors. This role is accountable for achieving fundraising goals within a portfolio of individual donors of all levels, utilizing year-round strategies designed to build and maintain strong relationships. The Officer is an exceptional communicator with robust organizational skills and a high degree of comfort in a fast-paced changing environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build and manage a portfolio of donors of all levels, including but not limited to, individual donors and major donors, event sponsors, and corporate accounts.
- Develop and implement high-touch, direct donor engagement strategies for qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Develop and continually evaluate donor engagement strategies including, but not limited to, in-person tours and meetings, telephone outreach, email point-to-point communications, direct mail outreach, and events.
- Develop solicitation goals, cultivation plans, and stewardship tactics to increase overall giving.
- Coordinate and lead solicitations, leveraging the Executive Director and Director of Development and Communications both in person and virtually.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to align donor interests with the organization’s funding priorities.
- Contribute to departmental fundraising plans to meet annual short-term and long-term goals.
- Create compelling proposals and presentations tailored to the interests and priorities of donors.
- Oversee and maintain accurate and up-to-date electronic donor records and interactions in the organization’s donor database for all portfolios.
- Ensure ongoing communication to keep donors informed and engaged with the organization’s activities.
- Track and analyze donor giving patterns in donor database to inform future strategies and engagement plans.
- Contribute to designing targeted and segmentation strategies for more tailored donor acquisition, retention, and upgrading.
- Provide regular reports on potential major donor activities and progress towards fundraising goals.
- Continually assess the donor journey to understand the touchpoints and interactions donors have with the organization.
- Work closely with program staff to stay informed about organizational initiatives and impact.
- Attend relevant events to network with potential donors.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in fundraising or a related field.
- Proven track record of successfully soliciting and securing gifts.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in using CRM and fundraising software.
- Strong administrative skills and self-motivated with the ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks under minimal supervision in effective and efficient manner.
- Skilled in Word, Excel and Google programs.
- Experience with advanced donor development softwares systems is a plus.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
Valid California driver’s license
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary range is $65,000-75,000 annually, plus benefits including, Paid Time Off, 10 paid holidays, floating holiday, contributions to medical and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan match, Flexible Spending Accounts, employer paid life insurance, Employee Assistance Program and $100.00/year YFB clothing allowance.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Angela Hofstrand, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yolo Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with applicable state and local laws.