WHO WE ARE
Yolo Food Bank was established in 1970. From the beginning, our dedicated staff and Board of Directors have made it our mission to fight hunger in Yolo County. Today, Yolo Food Bank partners with Feeding America, a national non-profit with a network of more than 200 food banks, and annually serves the nutritional needs of tens of thousands Yolo County residents. Working with a network of passionate volunteers, committed donors, grocers, retailers, farmers, processors and food distributors, Yolo Food Bank recovers, collects and stores more than eleven million pounds of food each year. It distributes that food each month through direct distributions and through 84 local partner agencies, including senior meal delivery programs, homeless and domestic violence shelters, migrant centers, college campuses, mental health facilities, recovery centers and more.
The Digital Engagement Specialist is primarily responsible for social media strategy and delivery, and developing effective and creative marketing copy for the purposes of expanding our digital footprint and brand awareness among current and potential donors, volunteers, and the wider community. The Specialist keeps their finger on the pulse of the continuously evolving digital environment. This position must exercise discretion and independent judgment to manage the digital voice of the organization in real time.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Draft, edit, and deploy weekly content for YFB’s current social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter), to acquire and engage fans and followers using a consistent brand voice for social media as outlined in the organizational brand and content guide. Curate images/photography and create on-brand graphics as needed.
- Document and contribute to a library of testimonials and stories from YFB’s food recipients, volunteers, and donors.
- Create a monthly editorial calendar and schedule tailored weekly content according to each platform and audience.
- Monitor and respond to direct messages and comments.
- Ensure timely coverage and digital posting of quality videos and photos, showcasing YFB’s community outreach at events and programs.
- Identify emerging trends in both paid and organic social media efforts. Be proficient in social media advertising (budgets, targeting, and placements).
- Execute and analyze social media campaigns to support overarching initiatives.
- Ensure a consistent content calendar, grow and maintain audiences on current social media platforms, and test new platforms in accordance with departmental goals.
- Research and define target audiences and monitor content performance metrics by demographics and other audience data markers.
- Utilize metrics/measurement tools to interpret and showcase social media insights and analytics. Possess the ability to articulate and educate internal team members about social media trends, behaviors, and best practices.
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media efforts, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
Content Creation and Creative Services
- Collaborate with Design and Content Strategist to produce high-quality content that engages our donors, volunteers, and the community at large.
- Contribute to blog articles for the YFB website that support Development and Communications’ priorities in collaboration with the Design and Content Strategist.
- Assist with email newsletter content creation. Plan and schedule social media content congruent with blog and newsletter efforts in collaboration with the Design and Content Strategist.
- Serve as the secondary in-house creative services provider producing creative visual assets to support the organization’s imagery (photography, video, graphics and infographics, etc.).
Development and Communications
- Identify opportunities to influence positive public perception of YFB through engaging collaboration with stakeholder groups.
- As needed, serve as a YFB representative at outreach events, presentations, and community gatherings. This includes participating in YFB fundraising and donor engagement events as applicable.
- Coordinate with other staff to integrate fundraising efforts effectively with storytelling, impact data, organizational branding, and other marketing, social media, and philanthropic resources to strengthen strategic success.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform all other duties as assigned.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
The ideal candidate will be a high-energy, innovative, and savvy digital communicator who is up to date with new technologies and marketing trends, and is adept at creating content for and posting to all major social media platforms. The candidate must be passionate about the mission and work of YFB. In addition, they will possess the following experience, skills, and personal attributes:
- 2-3 years of digital communications experience in a professional environment, or an equivalent combination of relevant education/training and experience.
- Experience managing day-to-day social media programs and proven ability to implement and manage social media campaigns.
- Excellent analytical, written, and oral communication skills.
- Possess a creative approach for storytelling.
- Adept in Canva and a good eye for visual design/imagery.
- Adept in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Able to understand and analyze technical data and reports, extract essential information, and make logical recommendations with the goal of producing digestible information.
- Strong focus on details and accuracy in all aspects of duties.
- Possess a high level of integrity, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to build relationships with partners, donors, vendors, staff, and community members.
- Adaptable and able to excel in a fast paced, high pressure, nimble environment.
- Able to work positively and effectively with diverse internal and external stakeholders in person, virtually, via email, or over the phone.
- Able to work well in a collaborative, team-based environment and independently with little supervision.
- Experience in photography/videography for business, branding, and promotional purposes.
- Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and/or Photoshop.
- Strong familiarity with social media advertising and effective targeting.
- Foundational understanding of email marketing, SEO, keyword research, and website analytics.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Valid California driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
- This position works in an open office space shared with other staff and volunteers, with frequent interruptions and noise from conversations over the phone or with visitors.
- This position also may work remotely from a home office occasionally, as public health orders, Department Leadership, and other organizational circumstances may dictate.
- Regularly sit (up to 80%), primarily at desk or in meetings.
- Regularly lift up to 10 pounds; occasionally up to 20 pounds.
- Occasionally bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, and balance.
- Occasionally work in the warehouse or at an outdoor event, exposed to the elements.
- Drive own transportation, primarily for community outreach and special events.
- Frequent repetitive hand motion, grasping and fine hand manipulation, primarily for keyboarding and handwriting.
- Speak, hear and clearly understand face-to-face or over the telephone conversations.
- Frequent learning, performing and following of simple and complex calculations, instructions and concepts.
- Frequent analysis of data and information to make logical and relevant judgments and decisions.
- Frequently works positively, effectively and efficiently with internal and external customers through video, email, in person, and over the phone.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary range is $25.00-31.00 per hour depending on experience, plus benefits including 10 paid holidays, 4 weeks Paid Time Off (on a pro rata basis), and medical, dental and vision insurance, (on a pro rata basis), 403(b) retirement plan match, Flexible Spending Accounts, employer paid life insurance, Employee Assistance Program and $100.00/year YFB clothing allowance.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Maria Segoviano, Director of Communications and Strategic Initiatives, at email@example.com.
Yolo Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with applicable state and local laws.