Job Title: Grants Manager
Reports to: Program Manager
Classification: Regular, Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:30 am-5:00 pm
WHO WE ARE
The Yolo Food Bank was established in 1970. From the beginning, our dedicated staff and Board of Directors have made it our mission to fight hunger in Yolo County. We partner with communities and other non-profits to distribute healthy food to our neighbors in need.
The Grants Manager is a member of the Programs Team and is a liaison between the food bank and its investors. The Grants Manager is responsible for researching, preparing, submitting and managing grant proposals/reports that support agency goals and meet funder guidelines and criteria. This person serves as the primary grant writer, engages in compliance reporting. This position requires strong writing, data analysis, program budgeting, project management skills with an emphasis on outcome measurement.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Lead grant proposal development submission-preparing and organizing materials for proposals and submitting and monitoring gran applications including:
- Researching new funding on a local, state and federal level.
- Maintaining and building relationships with funders.
- Drafting proposals/LOIs, grant application narratives and budgets and collaborate to finalize with Program staff, finance, Development/Communications and Executive Director.
- Submitting grant applications via paper or online portals and maintain list of passwords.
- Maintaining master calendar of grants and prospects and all associated files and correspondence.
- Maintaining library of grant support documents including resumes, bios, IRS forms, Board/staff diversity lists, etc.
- Execute thank you letters and work with Communications to ensure acknowledgment of funders/investors via website, newsletter and social media.
- Facilitate grant contracts/agreements
- Maintain Grant Compliance by working with Accounting department
- Monitoring and maintaining funder and investor reporting schedules and requirements
- Tracking progress toward organizational and programmatic outcomes and goals
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- 2+ years of experience in fundraising, grant writing or grants management
- Current portfolio of completed grants
- Demonstrated analytical and persuasive writing skills experience as well as excellent editing skills including the ability to convey complex information in a clear manner to a diverse audience.
- Strong administrative skills and self-motivated with the ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks under minimal supervision in effective and efficient manner
- Skilled in Word, Excel or Google programs. Experience with Donor development software systems a plus
- Ability to respond to and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
Valid California driver’s license and proof of insurance.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary range is $65,000-75,000 annually, plus benefits including, Paid Time Off, 10 paid holidays, floating holiday. medical and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan match, Flexible Spending Accounts, employer paid life insurance, Employee Assistance Program and $100.00/year YFB clothing allowance.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and writing sample to Angela Hofstrand, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yolo Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with applicable state and local laws.