Job Title: Major Gifts Officer
Reports to: Development/Communications Director
Classification: Regular, Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:30 am-5:00 pm
WHO WE ARE
The Yolo Food Bank was established in 1970. From the beginning, our dedicated staff and Board of Directors have made it our mission to fight hunger in Yolo County. We partner with communities and other non-profits to distribute healthy food to our neighbors in need.
As a Major Donor Officer with a minimum of three years of experience, you will play a crucial role in developing and implementing strategies to cultivate, solicit, and steward major donors. Your primary focus will be on building and maintaining relationships with high-net-worth individuals, ensuring their engagement and commitment to the organization’s mission.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify and research potential major donors with the capacity to make significant financial contributions of 5k and above.
- Develop and execute cultivation strategies to engage major donors in the organization’s mission and programs.
- Build and maintain relationships through personalized communication, meetings, and events.
- Create compelling proposals and presentations tailored to the interests and priorities of major donors.
- Coordinate and lead solicitations, leveraging the Executive Director both in person and virtually.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to align donor interests with the organization’s funding priorities.
- Implement a comprehensive stewardship program to recognize and thank major donors for their contributions.
- Regularly update donors on the impact of their gifts and the organization’s achievements.
- Ensure ongoing communication to keep donors informed and engaged with the organization’s activities.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of donor interactions in the CRM system.
- Track and analyze donor giving patterns to inform future strategies and engagement plans.
- Provide regular reports on major donor activities and progress towards fundraising goals.
- Collaborate with the development team to integrate major donor strategies with overall fundraising efforts.
- Work closely with program staff to stay informed about organizational initiatives and impact.
- Participate in regular team meetings and contribute to the development of fundraising strategies.
- Attend relevant events and functions to network with potential major donors.
- Attending events for major donors to deepen their connection with the organization.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Minimum of three years of experience in major gifts fundraising or a related field.
- Proven track record of successfully soliciting and securing major gifts.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in using CRM and fundraising software.
- Strong administrative skills and self-motivated with the ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks under minimal supervision in effective and efficient manner
- Skilled in Word, Excel or Google programs. Experience with Donor development software systems a plus
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
Valid California driver’s license
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary range is $65,000-75,000 annually, plus benefits including, Paid Time Off, 10 paid holidays, floating holiday, medical and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan match, Flexible Spending Accounts, employer paid life insurance, Employee Assistance Program and $100.00/year YFB clothing allowance.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and writing sample to Angela Hofstrand, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yolo Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with applicable state and local laws.