Eat Home Yolo
Eat Home Yolo provides equitable access to free, fresh food for our senior, low income, mobility-restricted, and homebound neighbors throughout Yolo County.
Conceived at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020 as an emergency response, this program now serves nearly 500 households through home deliveries and 800 households at 20+ community housing distributions each month.
Our goal is to meet the needs of each individual’s unique circumstances through two distinct distribution models:
- Offering food deliveries – fresh produce and shelf stable pantry items – every other week, to individual’s homes (limited capacity).
- Dozens of dedicated Yolo Food Bank volunteers and three of our partner organizations — Farm Fresh To You, Mercy Coalition of West Sacramento, and Food 4U Foundation — make this effort possible delivering nutritious food every other week directly to residents’ doors.
- Private food distributions at 20+ senior and affordable housing communities throughout Yolo County.
- Please contact your property manager to find out if there is a distribution at your location.
- Open to senior citizens, individuals with disabilities, and vulnerable homebound residents who lack transportation.
- Interested individuals should contact our main office at (530) 668-0690 x 101 to apply. Qualified applicants will receive their first delivery within two weeks of approval.
From the Blog
Are you a non-profit looking for food?
Become a Yolo Food Bank nonprofit partner and you can shop at the Sutter Health nonprofit nutrition center or visit our warehouse for large quantities.