Eat Home Yolo
Eat Home Yolo provides equitable access to free, fresh food for our senior, low income, mobility-restricted, and homebound neighbors throughout Yolo County.
Conceived at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020 as an emergency response, this program now serves nearly 500 households through home deliveries and 800 households at 20+ community housing distributions each month.
Our goal is to meet the needs of each individual’s unique circumstances through two distinct distribution models:
- Offering food deliveries – fresh produce and shelf stable pantry items – every other week, to individual’s homes (limited capacity).
- Dozens of dedicated Yolo Food Bank volunteers and three of our partner organizations — Farm Fresh To You, Mercy Coalition of West Sacramento, and Food 4U Foundation — make this effort possible delivering nutritious food every other week directly to residents’ doors.
- Private food distributions at 20+ senior and affordable housing communities throughout Yolo County.
- Please contact your property manager to find out if there is a distribution at your location.
- Open to senior citizens, individuals with disabilities, and vulnerable homebound residents who lack transportation.
- Interested individuals should contact our main office at (530) 668-0690 x 101 to apply. Qualified applicants will receive their first delivery within two weeks of approval.
From the Blog
“Eat Well Yolo” Distribution Now at UC Davis!
Meet Yura, Sofie, and Sarina – we sat down with them at the newest "Eat Well Yolo" food distribution! Organized ...Read More →
Feeding People, Not The Landfill
Nearly half of all families in Yolo County don’t earn enough to meet basic needs. Not only did the pandemic ...Read More →
Are you a non-profit looking for food?
Become a Yolo Food Bank nonprofit partner and you can shop at the Sutter Health nonprofit nutrition center or visit our warehouse for large quantities.