Yolo Food Bank depends on the more than 24,000 volunteer hours contributed annually by groups and individuals in the community. In fact, we could not operate without this critical support. If you are an individual 13 years of age or older or if you are with a business, service club, youth group, or faith-based organization looking for ways to make a difference in your community, Yolo Food Bank has many volunteer opportunities.
Oita Prefectural College of Arts and Culture
The spirit of generosity can be found all over the world. This was certainly the case with a group of twenty students from Oita Prefectural College of Arts and Culture, a university in Japan. While enjoying their time in America, these students selflessly spent two weeks volunteering at Yolo Food Bank to sort, pack, and distribute food to children, adults, and working families in Yolo County. Domo arigato!
Interested in Volunteering?
- The minimum age to volunteer is 12 years old.
- If this is your first time volunteering for Yolo Food Bank, you must:
- Volunteers ages 12 – 17 must receive parental permission to volunteer.
- Individuals who are interested in volunteering for Kids Farmers Market must complete and pass a background check (paid for by Yolo Food Bank).
- Individuals with prior criminal records involving violence, abuse, crimes against children, or assault, may not volunteer with Yolo Food Bank. Exceptions to this policy may be made at the discretion of the Volunteer Coordinator.
Reservations for Volunteer Groups must be Coordinated via our Volunteer Coordinator. Please fill out the Group Volunteer Inquiry form. For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-668-0690 x 116. Many thanks!
For questions about Court Mandated Volunteering, please call our Volunteer Coordinator at 530-668-0690 x 116. Court Mandated Volunteers must meet the following requirements:
- You are at least 18 years of age
- Your charge is not related to violence, abuse, weapon possession or any form of theft
- You attend a Court Mandated Volunteer Orientation where you will bring proof of your charge.