Yolo Food Bank depends on the more than 24,000 volunteer hours contributed annually by groups and individuals in the community. In fact, we could not operate without this critical support. If you are an individual 13 years of age or older or if you are with a business, service club, youth group, or faith-based organization looking for ways to make a difference in your community, Yolo Food Bank has many volunteer opportunities.
Yolo Food Bank Event Listing & Registration
- The minimum age to volunteer is 12 years old.
- If this is your first time volunteering for Yolo Food Bank, you must:
- Read the Volunteer Handbook, fill out the last two pages and submit it to Yolo Food Bank or to email@example.com.
- Sign up for a Mandatory Volunteer Orientation via the calendar below.
- Volunteers ages 12 – 17 must receive parental permission to volunteer.
- Individuals who are interested in volunteering for Kids Farmers Market must complete and pass a background check (paid for by Yolo Food Bank).
- Individuals with prior criminal records involving violence, abuse, crimes against children, or assault, may not volunteer with Yolo Food Bank. Exceptions to this policy may be made at the discretion of the Volunteer Coordinator.
Group Volunteer Alert
Reservations for Volunteer Groups must be Coordinated via our Volunteer Coordinator. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-668-0690 x 116 if you are interested in bringing a group. Many thanks!
Court Mandated Volunteers
For questions about Court Mandated Volunteering, please call our Volunteer Coordinator at 530-668-0690 x 116. Court Mandated Volunteers must meet the following requirements:
- You are at least 18 years of age
- Your charge is not related to violence, abuse, weapon possession or any form of theft
- You attend a Court Mandated Volunteer Orientation where you will bring proof of your charge.