YOU DID IT! The dream to Nourish Yolo by providing food security for every Yolo County resident now is a huge step closer to reality. Thanks to the community’s commitment of $9.5 million dollars over the past five years — 90% invested by private donors such as you — the NEW, 42,000 square foot Yolo Food Bank food distribution warehouse and operations facility is here, and we can’t wait to share it with YOU, your family and your neighbors!
Join in the official debut of YOUR new Yolo Food Bank, located at 233 Harter Avenue in Woodland. Mark your calendar for Saturday, August 24, 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., for “Nourish Yolo: The Yolo Food Bank Grand Opening and Open House,” and celebrate and support food security with this Schedule of Events!
• 10:15 a.m. Ribbon Cutting, with local Chambers of Commerce: Woodland, Davis and West Sacramento, at the warehouse entrance in the rear of the facility
• 10:30 a.m. Words of Welcome and Civic Proclamations, at the “warehouse stage”
• 11:15 a.m. Family Friendly Activities and Tours, throughout the facility:
- Nourish The Vision: Yolo Food Bank “The Basics” video presentation
- Nourish The Mind: fresh produce trivia game
- Nourish The Body: mini-Kids Farmers Market and mock food distribution
- Nourish The Spirit: photo booth with fruits and veggies
- Nourish The Community: “clean room” volunteer experience
- Nourish The Future: seed planting activity
Refreshments Provided by Nugget Markets