Private Community Food Distributions
Our Private Community Food Distributions provide equitable access to free, fresh food for our senior, low income, mobility-restricted, and homebound neighbors throughout Yolo County.
Conceived at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020 as an emergency response, this program now serves nearly 500 households through home deliveries and 800 households at 20+ community housing distributions each month.
Our goal is to meet the needs of each individual’s unique circumstances through two distinct distribution models:
- Offering food deliveries – fresh produce and shelf stable pantry items – every other week, to individual’s homes (limited capacity).
- Dozens of dedicated Yolo Food Bank volunteers and two of our partner organizations — Mercy Coalition of West Sacramento and Food 4U Foundation — make this effort possible delivering nutritious food every other week directly to residents’ doors.
- Private food distributions at 20+ senior and affordable housing communities throughout Yolo County.
- Please contact your property manager to find out if there is a distribution at your location.
- The waitlist for Private Community Food Distributions is currently full and will remain closed until further notice. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you or someone you know is in need of food, please visit our Find Food webpage.
- Open to senior citizens, individuals with disabilities, and vulnerable homebound residents who lack transportation.
From the Blog
Are you a non-profit looking for food?
Become a Yolo Food Bank nonprofit partner and you can shop at the Sutter Health nonprofit nutrition center or visit our warehouse for large quantities.